Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Situation Room Desk Chalk Painted


Ok, so I've had this desk for about seven years.  I love love love the diminutive size and how it holds a lap top perfectly with no room for clutter.  
As you can tell, tho....
Its seen way better days.  Its literally worn down.  I use the you-know-what out of this desk.   



Before, My view


Before, The front view


I have considered painting this tired desk for many years.  Well, 2014 was the year.  
I found this paint in the ooops department at Walmart.  Its a flat paint.  A sorta khaki color, or sometimes a grayish color.  I mixed this paint into chalk paint with plaster of paris added and slapped it on, two coats.  
Took me two days to do the stenciling.  
I had no idea in mind when I began.  Just let the desk tell me what it wanted.  

Ta Da!!

In this picture the stencil is a glorified Peace sign.  Look close in the middle, you'll find it.  ;)
If you walked into my Situation Room, you'd see this view.

After, The front view



This picture is of the back.  
There is a drawer for the lucky person who gets to love this desk.  

After, My view



The top.  I thought of doing more, but in this case, since there is always a lap top sitting there, I think less is better. 
After, Top view


From the side.  
Like the wood look?  Its just a paint technique.  
After, Side view


My viewpoint when at my desk. 
After, My view

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rental Upgrade Nearing the end of renovation - Kitchen cabinet handles - Kitchen/Basement flooring

  In this episode, we see the kitchen cabinet handles installed, the kitchen flooring installed and the basement carpet squares installed, p...