Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Turning a free dresser into something primative cottage like or vintage farmhousey to sell




 Using Debi's DIY chalk paint I give this worn-out dresser a completely new look. It really needs new drawer bottoms and a new top but with the price of lumber right now I decided to NOT fix everything. It all still works very well so keeping it simple was my best option. I used wallpaper to line the bottom of the drawers which keeps the contents nice and clean.

The paint colors I used were Bohemian Blue, Gypsy Green, and Crinoline white. It was coated with 3 coats of Krylon Clear Matte spray paint and left to dry overnight. This dresser/buffet feels very cottage core to me. Like it could have been in some french country house, passed down for generations. I am getting a new dining room set tomorrow so we will see if it looks good with that. I will likely be selling this piece at our summer garage sale but until then it is sitting pretty in a corner of my dining room. I've already used it as a mini serving buffet and it holds a bunch of tablecloths, napkins, and in one drawer tax papers and receipts. LOL! If you would like to have a look at projects I completed before having the guts to upload videos to youtube, then please check my blog junkshack.blogspot.com Thanks for taking the time to watch my video. ' Please subscribe to my page to help me grow this venue. Liking a video shows me what content to produce in the future. #trashtotreasure #furnitureflip #chalkpaint #dressermakeover #furnituremakeover #buffetmakeover #Cottagecore #Cottagecorestyle #Junkshackbaby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rental Upgrade Nearing the end of renovation - Kitchen cabinet handles - Kitchen/Basement flooring

  In this episode, we see the kitchen cabinet handles installed, the kitchen flooring installed and the basement carpet squares installed, p...