Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Painting chairs sucks but I did it anyway. Almost. Kinda. A third of them. Hold my beer.

 



I have mixed feelings about these chairs. With great intentions, I began painting them and then changed my mind a few times until I finally threw in the towel. I didn't really give up, I am just letting the ideas mingle in my brain for a while. About 6 years ago I painted a different set of dining table chairs and it took me a month. I think the dread of having these chairs tied up for a month was eating at me. To the point that I didn't like any of my options regarding color. Looking back on the whole ordeal I should have just went with the white as I originally thought. Maybe I'll still do that but at a different time. I think I'll blame all of this on covid. Why not? Everything else in the world is blamed on it. For the most part, I don't mind the look of two chairs being different colors. HA!! Who am I kidding? It'll drive me batcrap crazy. Right here and now I am challenging myself to finish these chairs before I wear a swimsuit the first time this year. That will be a hard challenge as we are working on our lake property and I know we'll need to jump in the lake sooner than later. I guess I can also command myself to not brush off the rule and just jump in nekid LOL!

Hope you enjoyed this video. Leave me a comment letting me know your thoughts on what I should or should not do to this set of dining room chairs. If you are interested in seeing the last "painting of the chairs" check out this blog post. https://junkshack.blogspot.com/2017/10/kitchen-chairs-get-chalk-paint-job.html This was before youtube became such a big part of my world. ;) #ChairPainting #ChalkPaintDIY #UnexpectedEnding #JunkShackBaby #RustoleumKonaBrown #DiningChairPainting #PaintingChairsSucks #ToManyOptions #Homemadechalkpaint #It’sAll right #EverythingIsAll right

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rental Upgrade Nearing the end of renovation - Kitchen cabinet handles - Kitchen/Basement flooring

  In this episode, we see the kitchen cabinet handles installed, the kitchen flooring installed and the basement carpet squares installed, p...