Friday, June 19, 2020

Tye-Dye Dining room chair with paint


I found this chair in my neighbor's trash.  Id always wanted to try the chalk paint technique on fabric and this chair provided me that opportunity for free.  
I did not originally start out to tye dye the fabric I really wanted it to look reupholstered with grannies old fabric but tye dye is what came to mind.  
Although I do like the way the chair turned out, I am not sure I'll ever be able to bring it inside.  The smell of the wax I used is noxious.  If one were to use a different wax, perhaps something made for fabric then I think it'd be fine.  
My paint kind of sat on top of the fabric which made it stiff and crackly.  We will still use it but likely only in the garage.  


#TyeDye #PaintedFurniture #JunkShackBaby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rental Upgrade Nearing the end of renovation - Kitchen cabinet handles - Kitchen/Basement flooring

  In this episode, we see the kitchen cabinet handles installed, the kitchen flooring installed and the basement carpet squares installed, p...