Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Jewelry Box Mirror

Sooo, this is a jewelry box I picked up at a local junk store.  Paid 18$ for it.  
It was way up on a wall in the store, and I had no idea it opened and was actually a jewelry box with a mirror.  When she brought it down for me, and I opened it to find the treasure inside, I was sold.
I knew immediately it had to be black.  
My long term intentions are to highlight some of the scroll work with silver.  Maybe painting the whole thing silver and wiping it off to show the black underneath.
For now, though... I shall enjoy it black.  

Before, closed

Before, opened

Before, half opened and closed

After, spray painted black
I have yet to find a place for this cool new item.  Soon as I do, I will post pics in its new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rental Upgrade Nearing the end of renovation - Kitchen cabinet handles - Kitchen/Basement flooring

  In this episode, we see the kitchen cabinet handles installed, the kitchen flooring installed and the basement carpet squares installed, p...